On Tuesday, August 30, production crews will film the Magic Beach Motel for a series that features multiple Florida scenes.
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The video above is from a previous report.
Lights, camera, action at Vilano Beach!
Vilano Beach Main Street will be the filming location for a new Netflix series, according to a statement from the coastal community. On Tuesday, August 30, production crews will film the Magic Beach Motel for a series that features multiple Florida scenes.
The name of the series will be shared later, once it has been announced by Netflix.
Here’s what community members need to know:
- Filming will begin in the evening and continue through the night, beginning August 29 and ending September 1.
- Vivian Browning Avenue will be closed from 5 p.m. Tuesday until 8 a.m. Wednesday.
- Vilano Road between the Hampton Inn and Magic Beach will also be closed from 5:00 p.m. Tuesday to 8:00 a.m. Wednesday.
- St. Johns County deputies will be stationed at Coastal Highway and Poplar Avenue as well as Coastal Highway and Vilano Road.
- Traffic will be rerouted west on Vilano Road to access downtown Vilano as well as homes on Ferrol Road via Porpoise Point.
- Hotel guests can still access Magic Beach and the Hampton Inn. However, guests staying at OceanView Lodge and St. Augustine Beach House will be directed west on Vilano Road to Loja Road, then Ferrol Road to the parking lot.
- The sounds of the filming should not disturb residents or hotel guests, according to the team.
The crew will have a professional turtle watch contact who will help them ensure that the turtles will not be affected by overhead lighting. The production takes great care to protect our turtles!