Like most of his Marvel counterparts on Disney+ did, moon knight released its best viewing time figures for the week of its finale. by Netflix Ozark, meanwhile, spent another week atop the charts, far outpacing everything else.
The six episodes moon knight racked up 715 million minutes of viewing time from May 2-8, according to Nielsen’s streaming rankings for the week. (The season finale kicked off May 4.) That’s up from 681 million the previous week; the show rose in four of the five weeks after its March 30 debut, with only the smallest of the drops (638 million minutes to 630 million) in its fourth week.
The series as a whole racked up just under 3.7 billion minutes of watch time during its run, sitting between The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (4.15 billion) and Hawk Eye (3.46 billion) among Disney+’s Marvel shows.
ozark had 3.33 billion minutes of watch time for the week after launching its latest episodes, a 29% jump from the previous image. That’s not as high as the 4.1 billion minutes the show tallied after the first half of its final season in January, but it still ranks among the highest one-week tallies since Nielsen started publishing weekly streaming charts in September 2020.
Grace and Frankie also received a boost in the full week after the premiere of its final episodes, rising from 701 million to 880 million minutes. The longest-running Netflix original series finished second overall, with moon knight third.
Amazon’s Prime Video nabbed two spots in the top 10 original streaming series, with Outdoor beach (425 million minutes) coming in fourth place and The Savages (262 million) in 10th for the week of its first season two.
Nielsen’s streaming ratings cover viewing on televisions only and do not include minutes watched on computers or mobile devices. The ratings only measure US audiences, not those in other countries, and currently only include Apple TV+, Disney+, Hulu, Netflix, and Prime Video.
Nielsen’s best streaming series from May 2-8 are below.
1. ozark (Netflix), 3.33 billion minutes viewed
2. Grace and Frankie (Netflix), 880 million
3. moon knight (Disney+), 715 million
4. Outdoor beach (Prime Video), 425 million
5. sell sunset (Netflix), 360 million
6. Bullshit: The Game Show (Netflix), 345 million
seven. Fusion: Three Mile Island (Netflix), 325 million
8. Bridgerton (Netflix), 287 million
9. The circle (Netflix), 270 million
ten. The Savages (Prime Video), 262 million
1. Cocomelon (Netflix), 701 million minutes
2. Criminal minds (Netflix), 523 million
3. Heartland (Netflix), 511 million
4. NCIS (Netflix), 501 million
5. You better call Saul (Netflix), 379 million
6. Grey’s Anatomy (Netflix), 373 million
seven. Supernatural (Netflix), 343 million
8. Gilmore Girls (Netflix), 300 million
9. my godparents are magic (Netflix), 299 million
ten. new girl (Netflix), 286 million