The end of ozark propelled the Netflix series to the top spot on the Nielsen streaming charts. Grace and Frankie also climbed in the rankings with the release of its latest episodes.
ozark was by far the No. 1 streaming title for the week of April 25-May 1 – if not as big as when it launched its final season in January. The show racked up 2.58 billion minutes of viewing time for the week (the last seven episodes aired April 29), more than three times as much as the second-ranked program (preschool series Cocomelon to 767 million minutes).
The latest episodes of Grace and Frankie — Netflix‘s longest-running original series by episode count — finished second among original streaming shows with 701 million minutes of watch time. Moon Knight (681 million minutes) came in third for the week its penultimate episode aired on Disney+, up about 8% from the previous week. Netflix’s Selling Sunset also improved a lot week-over-week, rising from 385 million minutes to 584 million.
Nielsen’s streaming ratings cover viewing on televisions only and do not include minutes watched on computers or mobile devices. The ratings only measure US audiences, not those in other countries, and currently only include Apple TV+, Disney+, Hulu, Netflix, and Prime Video.
Nielsen’s best streaming series from April 25 to May 1 are below.
1. ozark (Netflix), 2.58 billion minutes viewed
2. Grace and Frankie (Netflix), 701 million
3. Moon Knight (Disney+), 681 million
4. sell sunset (Netflix), 584 million
5. Bridgerton (Netflix), 511 million
6. Conversations with a Killer: The Recordings of John Wayne Gacy (Netflix), 388 million
7. Bullshit: The Game Show (Netflix), 356 million
8. Outdoor beach (Prime Video), 343 million
9. Anatomy of a Scandal (Netflix), 316 million
ten. The scarred heart (Netflix), 277 million
1. Cocomelon (Netflix), 767 million minutes
2. NCIS (Netflix), 618 million
3. Heartland (Netflix), 568 million
3 (tie). You better call Saul (Netflix), 568 million
5. Criminal minds (Netflix), 511 million
6. Grey’s Anatomy (Netflix), 484 million
7. Seinfeld (Netflix), 347 million
8. Married at first sight (Netflix), 340 million
9. my godparents are magic (Netflix), 318 million
ten. new girl (Netflix), 317 million