Prince Harry, Meghan desperate to rewrite memoir, Netflix show

0

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle make a dramatic U-turn on their upcoming plans in the wake of The death of Queen Elizabeth, multiple sources told Page Six.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been working on a docuseries as part of their multi-million dollar Netflix deal for over a year. Netflix chiefs – who haven’t even officially announced the Sussex project yet – had hoped to air the docuseries in December following the fifth season of “The Crown” on November 9. Now, we’re told the couple want to make more changes to the highly anticipated show, which could potentially push its release until later in 2023.

Harry’s memoir, originally slated for Penguin Random House release in November, has already been pushed back until next year.

Many royal experts have said Harry’s father, King Charles, will refrain from giving the titles of prince and princess to the Sussex children, Archie, 3, and Lilibet, 1, until the various the couple’s media projects are complete.

Royal experts say King Charles is waiting to title the Sussex children until he has seen the couple's show and Harry's book.
Royal experts say King Charles is waiting to title the Sussex children until he has seen the couple’s show and Harry’s book.
Mirrorpix/MEGA
Insiders say Harry and Meghan are re-editing their plans to better satisfy the Royal Family ahead of their release.
Insiders say Harry and Meghan are re-editing their plans to better satisfy the Royal Family ahead of their release.
Pool/AFP via Getty Images

While the Sussexes were part of the regular editing process for the show and the book long before the monarch’s death, sources said the couple were keen to retract or downplay much of what they said to About King Charles, Queen Consort Camilla, Prince William and his wife Kate, the new Princess of Wales.

A Hollywood industry source told us, “A lot of conversations are going on. I hear Harry and Meghan want the show to run until next year, they want to stall.”

Although tensions were frayed at the Queen's funeral, Harry and Meghan as well as William and Kate joined forces.
Although tensions were frayed at the Queen’s funeral, Harry and Meghan as well as William and Kate joined forces.
i-Images/Polaris

“I wonder if the show might even be dead in the water at this point, do Harry and Meghan just want to put this thing aside?”

A highly placed Netflix insider revealed, “Netflix was keen to have the show ready to air in December. There’s a lot of pressure on (Netflix CEO) Ted Sarandos, who has a relationship with Harry and Meghan, to get this show done.

Royal experts say Harry and Meghan are still walking a fine line with the Royal Family after moving to California and teasing the release of their explosive new projects.
Royal experts say Harry and Meghan are still walking a fine line with the Royal Family after moving to California and teasing the release of their explosive new projects.
PA

The Sussexes are doing well with the royal family. Although they were at the center of the funeral of the Queen, who died aged 96, on September 8, relations with the family are still strained.

As working royals, they slipped on the royal website – although Harry is still number five in the line of succession, followed by his children. And we previously reported that Harry only found out his grandmother had died after reading reports online after landing in Scotland from the US.

By the time he reached the monarch’s Scottish estate, Balmoral, his brother William, and his father Charles had already decamped to Charles’ private residence for dinner. Harry was later banned from wearing his military uniform at funerals, after stepping down from his main royal role when he moved to the US in March 2020.

Representatives for Netflix and the Sussexes were unavailable for comment.

Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.