Netflix has confirmed that a senior executive has left the Bridgerton frankness after accusations of bullying and abusive behavior.
The executive is head of production design Dave Arrowsmith, who was responsible for the sets and aesthetics on the Bridgerton spin-off prequel, queen charlotte.
WATCH IN THE VIDEO ABOVE: Netflix’s Bridgerton rocked by scandal
For more TV-related news and videos, check out TV >>
Arrowsmith ‘fired’ after cast and crew accused executive of ‘crossing the line’ The sun reported.
Variety Netflix executives later confirmed that he had “left the project” but did not specify the reason for his departure.
Arrowsmith, who has worked on productions such as those for the BBC Doctor Who and Netflix movie The kissing booth, has yet to comment on the allegations.
At the time of his departure, he was working on queen charlottea prequel series limited to Bridgerton.
Filming will follow the lives of young Queen Charlotte, Violet Bridgerton and Lady Danbury.
“There were several issues on set, and a few crew members expressed concerns about a number of different incidents,” a source said. The sun.
The publication added that an anonymous tip line had been set up for staff amid the growing problem of bullying.
Sunrise Entertainment journalist Nelson Aspen called the accusations “outrageous”.
“It’s outrageous and hard to believe that this is happening under the watchful eye of producer Shonda Rhimes, who is the creative force behind Bridgerton and the next prequel,” Nelson said on Channel 7’s breakfast program on Wednesday.
Bullying is a problem the UK film and television industry is trying to tackle.
At the end of 2021, the British film and television union, Bectu, presented six demands to protect workers and crew members, including the presence of “privacy coordinators” on sets.
Other measures demanded by the union included mandatory diversity training and the creation of external reporting bodies.
The positive impacts of the measures are evident in an interview with the stars of Bridgerton season 2, Jonathan Bailey, 33, and Simone Ashley, 27.
When asked how difficult the show’s sex scenes were to film, Jonathan credited the contribution of an “intimacy coordinator”.
“We have intimacy coordinators, which we have had since day one of Bridgerton, the industry didn’t have 10 years ago,” the actor told Canadian radio station KiSS 92.5.
“So the answer is, pretty boring – that it’s like another scene.”
queen charlotte should be released in 2023.
Bridgerton actresses Golda Rosheuvel, 52, Ruth Gemmell, 54, and Adjoa Andoh, 59, are set to return as characters.
Sex education actress India Amarteifio, 23, is confirmed to play a young Lady Danbury.
Also joining the cast is The iron Throne actress Michelle Fairley, 58, playing King George’s mother.
Bridgerton is one of Netflix’s crown jewel original series, enjoying the streaming service’s biggest debut before being overtaken by Squid games.
The series has already been renewed for seasons 3 and 4.
And if it’s to keep up with the progression of Julia Quinn’s books, fans can expect at least eight seasons.
Filming for the third season is expected to begin between June and August.
For more engaging TV content, visit 7Life on Facebook.