Netflix has announced that it has removed a producer from one of its original series, following the overhaul of previous allegations of sexual misconduct. According to DeadlineNetflix did not name the producer or the show, writing in a statement, “On Monday we received an anonymous email containing historical allegations about a producer on one of our titles. While the allegations are unrelated to his time on the show, we immediately took him out of production and referred the matter to the police. “
The outlet noted that this story was first brought to the public’s attention by UK Trade Broadcast, who said they knew the identity of the producer but declined to name him. Broadcast reported that the allegations detailed in the letter to Netflix were “very serious.” He also said the complaints came from at least 6 different people. None of the allegations, however, were upheld for the Netflix series currently in production.
It is also reported that in addition to being fired by Netflix, the producer has had his BAFTA membership revoked and has been suspended by his agent, who is currently investigating the allegations. The individual did not make a public statement, a lawyer representing him spoke to Broadcast about the situation. “He has never acted inappropriately on any production, or at all, and has never had any complaints about his conduct,” the attorney said.
This is certainly not the first time Netflix has broken a relationship with someone over allegations of misconduct. Comedian Chris D-Elia has already been cleaned from the movie from the streaming service Army of the Death. D’Elia, who also starred in the second season of Netflix You, played a helicopter pilot in the movie Zack Snyder, but was removed and replaced by comedian Tig Notaro after the allegations surfaced. Earlier this year, he addressed the complaints against him in a vlog posted to YouTube.
“I know what it looks like with everything that has been said,” the comedian said at the start of his video. “I know it looks bad, and it doesn’t show the full extent of what happened.” D’Elia then said: “I maintain the fact that all of my relationships have been consensual and legal. It is the truth.”
In a separate declaration published by Deadline, D’Elia explained in more detail. “I know I have said and done things that could have offended people during my career, but I have never knowingly sued underage women at any time,” he said. D’Elia added that “all of my relationships have been both legal and consensual and I have never met or exchanged inappropriate photos with the people who tweeted about me.”
He concluded his statement by saying, “That being said, I’m so sorry. I was a stupid guy who ABSOLUTELY let me get caught up in my lifestyle. It’s MY fault. I own it. I have it. have been thinking for a while now and I promise I will continue to do better. “