Dallas @ New York
Current records: Dallas 1-1; New York 2-0
What there is to know
The New York Giants are 3-9 against the Dallas Cowboys since September 2016, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a bit on Monday. New York and Dallas will square off in an NFC East battle at 8:15 p.m. ET at MetLife Stadium. Both teams tip toe after passing their previous opponents.
It was all tied 6-6 at halftime for the Giants and Carolina Panthers last Sunday, but New York stepped up in the second half for a 19-16 win. Nobody had a standout game offensively for New York, but they did get a touchdown from QB Daniel Jones. Jones ended up with a passer rating of 117.90.
Most of the team’s points came from special teams, who contributed 13. K Graham Gano scored four field goals, the longest 56 yards in the fourth quarter, which ultimately explained the difference in the contest .
Speaking of close games: Dallas certainly had some nail-biting, but they managed to escape with a 20-17 win over the Cincinnati Bengals last Sunday. The team racked up 17 points in the first half and relied on those for the win. RB Tony Pollard and WR Noah Brown were among the Cowboys’ top playmakers as the former hit for a rushing touchdown and the latter caught five passes for a TD and 91 yards. Pollard hadn’t helped his team much against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers two weeks ago, so it was a good turnaround for him.
Dallas’ defense was also there, as they embarrassed Cincinnati’s offensive line by sacking QB Joe Burrow six times for a total loss of 34 yards. The heavy lifting was done by OLB Micah Parsons and DE Dorance Armstrong, who racked up two sacks each.
This next game should be close, with New York only a 1-point favorite. They might be worth a shot against the spread, as they’re currently on a two-game winning streak against the ATS.
Their wins propelled New York to 2-0 and Dallas to 1-1. We’ll see which team can hold onto their success and which team inevitably falls when the Giants and Cowboys face off.
How to watch
- When: Monday at 8:15 p.m. ET
- Where: MetLife Stadium – East Rutherford, New Jersey
- TV: ABC
- Online broadcast: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports app
The Giants are a slight 1-point favorite against the Cowboys, according to the latest NFL odds.
See NFL picks for every game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get choices now.
Dallas has won ten of its last 14 games against New York.
- December 19, 2021 – Dallas 21 vs. New York 6
- October 10, 2021 – Dallas 44 vs. New York 20
- January 03, 2021 – New York 23 vs. Dallas 19
- October 11, 2020 – Dallas 37 vs. New York 34
- November 04, 2019 – Dallas 37 vs. New York 18
- September 08, 2019 – Dallas 35 vs. New York 17
- December 30, 2018 – Dallas 36 vs. New York 35
- September 16, 2018 – Dallas 20 vs. New York 13
- December 10, 2017 – Dallas 30 vs. New York 10
- September 10, 2017 – Dallas 19 vs. New York 3
- December 11, 2016 – New York 10 vs. Dallas 7
- September 11, 2016 – New York 20 vs. Dallas 19
- October 25, 2015 – New York 27 vs. Dallas 20
- September 13, 2015 – Dallas 27 vs. New York 26