Minnesota @ Cleveland
Current records: Minnesota 5-8; Cleveland 8-4
What there is to know
This Sunday, the Minnesota Timberwolves hope to plug the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 115.62 points per game. Their road trip will continue as they head to Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday to take on the Cleveland Cavaliers. If the game looks anything like Minnesota’s 127-122 win in their previous meeting in February, the scorer will be very busy.
The Timberwolves received a blow last Friday falling 114-103 to the Memphis Grizzlies. A silver lining for Minnesota was the play of shooting guard Anthony Edwards, who had 28 points and six assists with six boards.
Meanwhile, Cleveland was within reach but couldn’t close the gap last Friday as they fell 106-101 to the Golden State Warriors. Despite the loss, Cleveland got a solid performance from shooter Donovan Mitchell, who nearly scored a triple-double with 29 points, ten rebounds and nine assists.
Minnesota is expected to lose this next by 5.5. Those betting on them ATS shouldn’t have high expectations of them as the team is 0-2 ATS when they are expected to lose.
These two teams will surely fight tooth and nail to get back into the win column after last week’s losses. Come back to see which team is able to fight their way up the win column.
How to watch
- When: Sunday at 6 p.m. ET
- Where: Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse — Cleveland, Ohio
- TV: Bally Sports – North
- Online broadcast: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports app
- Ticket cost: $24.35
The Cavaliers are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Timberwolves, according to the latest NBA odds.
Bettors were in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened with a 5.5 point spread and stayed there.
See NBA selections for every game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get choices now.
Cleveland has won eight of its last 14 games against Minnesota.
- February 28, 2022 – Minnesota 127 vs. Cleveland 122
- December 10, 2021 – Cleveland 123 vs. Minnesota 106
- February 01, 2021 – Cleveland 100 vs. Minnesota 98
- January 31, 2021 – Minnesota 109 vs. Cleveland 104
- January 05, 2020 – Minnesota 118 vs. Cleveland 103
- December 28, 2019 – Cleveland 94 vs. Minnesota 88
- November 26, 2018 – Minnesota 102 vs. Cleveland 95
- October 19, 2018 – Minnesota 131 vs. Cleveland 123
- February 07, 2018 – Cleveland 140 vs. Minnesota 138
- January 08, 2018 – Minnesota 127 vs. Cleveland 99
- February 14, 2017 – Cleveland 116 vs. Minnesota 108
- February 01, 2017 – Cleveland 125 vs. Minnesota 97
- January 25, 2016 – Cleveland 114 vs. Minnesota 107
- January 08, 2016 – Cleveland 125 vs. Minnesota 99